All that remains of the medieval interior is part of a large, carved and coloured boss. It shows the arms of St Edmund, with the arms of St George on either side, and the arms of the Cathedral Priory above. It is missing a fourth shield. It contains the Latin inscription: S. Edmundus, Flos Martirum, velut Rosa, vel Lilium (‘Saint Edmund, Flower of Martyrs, like a rose or a lily’), however, the first four words are now lost.
The church also contains a monument to the Maltby family. Charles Maltby Junior (d. 1790) was an eminent surgeon in Norwich who lived and worked in the parish of St George Tombland and who gave the church its clock.
In 1882, Edward Boardman conducted a restoration of the church and the interior was emptied of its furnishings. Boardman also made changes to the vestry, and its chimney, the roof and the top of the tower. Boardman’s involvement occurred shortly before the end of its liturgical life, falling into disuse before the end of the 19th century. In January 1913 a fire affected the factory that surrounded the church. Although the church remained undamaged it left the area a wasteland. The church suffered damage during World War II.