The latest acquisition by the Trust, this church was declared redundant in 1936, and was the first church nationally to be repurposed.
It became a very popular museum of church art, which closed in 1995. After a period of private occupation, it passed to the Trust in 2006. Since 2009, it has been the home of Hungate Medieval Art.
Much had been done by the City Corporation (later, Council) to make it weathertight, but the chancel roof needed major repairs in 2016. Other planned improvements include improving water and WCs.